For all you Eggnog lovers, I found the perfect recipe for you in the December issue of People magazines StyleWatch. "The Hills" Lauren Conrad shares her mom's delicious family recipe.
Makes 2 dozen.
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp + 1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggnog mixture, and beat at low-speed until just combined. Do not over mix
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with 1 tbsp nutmeg. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown.
- Immediately transfer to cool flat surface with a spatula
*HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever and connected* Tweet This