a denim design competition for designers under 25 yrs old in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. How come no one heard about this contest?? And why is there only 60 in the Facebook group?? Yikes...Maybe HighRoad Communications should have hit up social media consultants like myself next time. It's a shame really cuz the prizes are pretty wicked.
LG Denim DIY is a dynamic, interactive design contest open to Canadian “Under 25” designers, sponsored by LG Electronics Canada.
The premise is simple: create an original pair of jeans that are fun, funky and “runway ready”.
All design submissions will be featured in one of three regional competitions that will take place in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Each submission will be modelled as part of a runway fashion show and judged by a panel of fashion industry VIPs. A winner will be selected from each of these three cities and will be flown to Toronto for a final contest announcement, where LG Electronics will crown Canada's top “Under 25” denim designer.
The LG Denim DIY contest winner will receive:
• $5,000 fashion endowment from LG Electronics Canada
• All three regional winners will win a trip to Toronto for the event finals
• Winners from the two other regional competitions will receive an LG LCD television
• Pitch designs to fashion experts and network with industry VIPs
• Mesh with the manufacturing side of the business and the process of bringing new fashion designs to market,
• Work under tight budget and time deadlines
• Exposure to Canadian fashion media (cross-Canada PR campaign will be engaged around the contest) and potential for gratis publicity and press coverage
The fashion show will feature all submitted designs and models galore, outfitted in the jeans and strutting their collective stuff on the runway. A panel of industry experts will choose a top design and the grand prize winner will then move to the national finals in mid-March, with the chance to win a $5,000 fashion endowment from LG.
Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Location: Sears Eaton Centre, Street Level – North Entrance (290 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON)
"We’ll have a ton of student designers onsite from schools such as George Brown College, Humber College and Ryerson University, available to discuss their denim creations and the challenges of being a young designer breaking into the industry."
HeyDoYou is for the cute, clever and connected - Follow this blog!